Waukesha Civic Theatre Seeks Box Office Supervisor
PURPOSE: Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the box office and front of house
Reports to: Managing Artistic Director
Supervises: Event Staff (Box Office, House Managers, and Bartenders), Volunteers, Interns, Work Study Students
Status: Part Time
Time Required: 52 weeks per year, 30 hours per week
Base Schedule: Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 5:30 pm, occasional evening and/or
weekend hours, some flexible hours Available:
Immediately Salary: $9.00 per hour
• Coordinate with all WCT staff.
• Attend weekly administrative staff meetings.
• Facilitate full event staff meetings as scheduled by administrative staff.
• Attend board meetings as needed and/or requested by managing artistic director.
• Schedule, train, and evaluate part-time event staff.
• Answer all inquiries and complaints concerning event staff, operations, and procedures.
• Work at least two event shifts every four to eight weeks (one box office and one house management).
• Prepare special reports and projects as assigned.
• Oversee event staff, volunteers, interns, and work study students as needed.
Box Office Responsibilities
• Process all transactions via telephone, mail, and in-person.
• Process all end-of-day reconciliation, including reconciling cash box and reporting daily sales.
• Manage Vendini (set up events, in house sales, online sales, etc.)
• Pursue group sales opportunities.
• Process group sales orders.
• Facilitate season ticket renewals.
• Process season ticket orders.
• Develop and maintain efficient and organized ticketing and sales report procedures.
• Ensure that new patrons are added to the mailing list correctly.
• Oversee handling and security of ticket stock, equipment, ticket data, and money.
• Fulfill donation requests.
• Fulfill ticket vouchers.
• Fulfill concession vouchers.
House Management Responsibilities
• Maintain a tidy, stocked, and organized lobby and public spaces.
• Manage front of house operations.
• Assist with general office duties when available and as necessary.
• Uphold the professional image and name of the Theatre in good faith during all dealings with staff, volunteers, and the public.
• Troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise.
• Maintain a positive, upbeat attitude.
EXPERIENCE: High School diploma necessary. Previous box office experience desired.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITY: Excellent customer service and communication (both oral and written) skills required. Advanced computer aptitude necessary, with Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook experience preferred. Must have the ability to manage and supervise staff and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers and the general public. Must be able to work independently in a potentially high stress environment.EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Computer, printers, telephone, calculator, fax machine, and other general office equipment.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org